Eco-Coach

Green your life at home, work & play

Join Us at the DC Green Festival! October 31, 2008

Filed under: Green home,Green living,Green tips — staceymcl @ 11:39 am
Tags: ,

We’ll be at the DC Green Festival – stop by and say hello! The Green Festivals, a joint project of Global Exchange and Co-op America, are a great way to get involved in the “green community” and to learn more about eco-friendly products and services. At these events held in cities across the country, hundreds of organizations and businesses come together to promote a greener, more sustainable world. With a diverse array of renowned authors, leaders and educators, great how-to workshops, cutting-edge films, fun activities for kids, organic beer and wine, delicious vegetarian cuisine, and diverse live music, everyone is guaranteed to find something of interest.

What’s even cooler is that the Green Festivals don’t just teach you about sustainability – they practice it too. While many tradeshows and conferences are notoriously wasteful, the Green Festivals live up to their commitment to a greener planet by reusing, recycling, and composting 97% of all waste from the shows, leaving only 3% for the landfill. Learn more about the festivals on their website.

Eco-Coach will be at the Washington, DC Green Festival on November 8th and 9th at the Convention Center. Stop by our booth in the Local DC Businesses section to learn more about the services we provide, and to educate yourself on ways to make your life more eco-friendly. Enter our raffle to win green goodies, including green cleaning products and a copy of the recently published ‘Sustainability 101: A Toolkit for Your Business’.

It’s going to be a great event!! More than 350 green businesses and 125 speakers will be featured, including Worldwatch Institute and Earth Policy Institute founder Lester Brown, and renowned author Barbara Ehrenreich, as well as green architect Bill McDonough.

If you’re not in the area, check out the schedule below for other Green Festivals near you:
San Francisco Nov 14-16, 2008
Seattle Mar 28-29, 2009
Denver May 2-3, 2009
Chicago May 16-17, 2009

Advertisements
 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s