You’ve made quite a few New Year’s resolutions in the past, I’m sure, as have I and the majority of the world. Here’s one that is easy to keep: do something green in 2007. If you do just one thing this year to green your house, you will be that much healthier, not to mention help the planet.
Here are a few easy things you can do – I’m keeping the list to five, for starters:
1. Replace each bulb that goes out with a CFL (compact fluorescent light) bulb. These use 66% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
2. Clean green: Buy household cleaners that are non-toxic. It will decrease the toxins in your house and in the waterways.
3. Say no to plastic bags whenever you can. We throw away 100 billion polyurethane bags annually!! Bring a reusable bag with you when shopping.
4. Cut down on junk mail. Take your name off of mailing lists.
5. Buy Energy Star appliances.
Once you’ve mastered one or more of these, feel free to check back frequently for more tips and ideas.